Friday, November 8, 2019

written on 1-19-19

An Empty Room 

Tried to save you. 
I wanted to feel alive by my side. 
Broke me down as I was building you up.

Trying to save you from yourself.
I could not see how you were breaking me down.

I was trying to be your savior.
Love blinded me to see that you were too far gone.
 Too far from ever being saved. 

Lies and deceit are all you knew.
 Believed those lies
False promises you never intended to keep. 
Was that you gave in return.

I was there to catch you when you fell.
No longer alone in the darkness, you knew it consumed you.
The stronger you became was a reflection of how weak I became.

Alone I finally saw the light. 
Through all that darkness you fed me slowly was coming to life.

Suddenly, I knew you would be my end
I needed to pull away. 

Body and mind too weak somehow, I left.

I knew I would be leaving for the last time. 

I fought. 
Broke free.

too blind to see you really were, my enemy. 
I gave you life, as you destroyed mine. 

I stole my life back
took the power back that you had over me.

Today, I have not completely let you go.
Yet, I continue to live. 

You will never know me as I am today. 

 That person you destroyed is gone

I live my life. 
As you answer to God.



No comments:

Post a Comment