Friday, November 27, 2020

hope

 

Despite everything and everyone around me,

         the hardest thing 

 I do not want to accept 

        that the person I once was is not ever coming back. 

The world has changed, 

        I changed. 

Gave up and let my demons drown me, 

it took a long time, but I am better now. 

    At least I would like to think that I am. 

Part of me keeps trying to run from my past. 

        Sometimes I wish 

I could change it all. 


How am I suppose to be complete, 

     I gave him everything that I was. 

Every day I think of him 

    was loving him a mistake?

        I lash out at myself in my head

It becomes harder day by day. 

        You could not take my thoughts.

My thoughts repay me for the choices 

From all days of my past.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment