Friday, August 7, 2020

Wednesday July 22,2020 at 6:41 pm

 

Can not stop overthinking. 
Trying to escape my own thoughts.

I know I should be stronger, and grateful.
I still dwell on the things that happened years ago. 
I do not know how to even let them go or forget them.

Reliving the days where I gave up.
I woke up tired and said that I would no longer fight you back as things came to blows.
I lost all hope.

Wanted to drown your demons so I made them mine. 
You are the reason that I slipped away but I am just as guilty.
You said you would never let me go.

My pain brought you life. 
I was your prisoner, but I am the only one to blame.

I was dying and you did not care. 
When I gave up and no longer fought you still did not care.

Made me hate my own reflection. 

The only way that I knew I was alive was when I felt pain.

Filled my skin with scars that will never disappear.
Scars that are daily reminders of the hell you put me through.

Now you are gone but the scars are still here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment